With the Remote Desktop Services (RDS), which are one of the multi-layered Windows Server 2022 features, you can access graphic desktops and Windows applications remotely. However, so-called Client Access Licenses (CALs) are indispensable for access to a remote desktop session host. When you buy a Microsoft Remote Desktop Services 2022 Device CAL, you can authorize a specific device to establish a connection. The licensed client device can be used by any number of users. In particular, PCs that are used by several users due to shift work are predestined for the use of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services 2022 Device CAL. With the outsourcing of programs to a server, hardware upgrades for client devices are unnecessary, even if the applications involved are computationally intensive, since only the performance of the server is decisive. This helps to save costs to a considerable extent.
- Secured-core server
- Hardware root-of-trust
- Firmware protection
- Virtualization-based security (VBS)
- Nested virtualization for AMD processors
- Microsoft Edge browser
- UDP performance improvements, TCP performance improvements, Hyper-V virtual switch improvements.
- Storage Migration Service, Adjustable storage repair speed, Storage bus cache with Storage Spaces on standalone servers
The following are the minimum system requirements for Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop Service Single Device CAL:
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows Server 2020
- Minimum Hard Drive Space: 32 Gb
- Minimum Memory: 512 Mb
- Minimum Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz