About the Game
Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now, you must return to where it all began – the town of Tristram – and investigate rumors of a fallen star, for this is the first sign of evil’s rebirth, and an omen that the End Times have begun.
The game takes place on Sanctuary, a world of dark fantasy. Unbeknownst to most of its inhabitants, Sanctuary was saved some twenty years ago from the demonic forces of the underworld by a few brave and powerful heroes. Most of those warriors who directly faced the armies of the Burning Hells — and were fortunate enough to survive — went mad from their experiences. And most of the others have buried their haunted memories and pushed the horrors from their thoughts. In Diablo III, players will return to Sanctuary to confront evil in its many forms once again.
- Hell Awaits
- 20 years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now, you must return to where it all began—the town of Tristram—and investigate rumors of a fallen star: the first sign of evil’s rebirth, and an omen that the End Times have begun.
- Harness the Might of Your Birthright
- Shake the earth, blast your enemies with fire and ice, and summon otherworldly minions as you wield the powers of your heroic birthright as one of many playable classes.
- Build a Legendary Arsenal
- Slay the hordes of Hell and collect powerful new treasures from the darkest depths of Sanctuary, including legendary items that can change your entire play style and armor sets that provide dynamic bonuses as you uncover more pieces.